This year for our anniversary we decided to take an adventure.. the only hard part was deciding where to go! Obviously since I get (most of) the Summer off of teaching, it was easy to make a weeklong trip fit into my agenda.. Steven, on the other hand, had to take several vacation days from work. We chose to spend three days in Chicago and three days in New York, leaving our sweet baby furry dog children in the hands of friends and a dog sitter.
While in Chicago, we had a blast catching up with old friends and touring (once again) the Windy City.
We also made sure to stop in for some good eats at The Publican, The Purple Pig, EATALY, Exchequer, and at the Art Institute cafe. On our last night in Chicago, we went to the famous Wrigley Field to check out a Cubs/Reds baseball game!
I confess that I was so tired after walking around Chicago that the thought of walking around NYC was utterly exhausting! This was my first trip to NYC (I know, I know) so I was quite overwhelmed at first with all of our options to some how fit into our three days in the Big Apple. This was not Steven's first trip though, so he was a rockstar with knowing the Subway systems and the layout of Manhattan! Since we were in New York on our actual anniversary, we decided to spend the afternoon in Central Park and dined at the fabulous Loeb Boathouse. We played and toured the city with old friends and took in as much as possible before heading home to our pups! Steven and I have had a blast the last three years and look forward to many more.. especially if we keep celebrating with these anniversary adventures!
Sounds like a great anniversary. Glad you two are able to enjoy adventures together!
ReplyDelete